Friday, September 4, 2009

Baked Sesame Chicken

Okay, this is NOT your panda express sesame chicken but it's still super delicious! I would definitely recommend using fresh chicken breasts though if you can get them on sale. It makes the chicken much more moist. Anyway, here it is. I'm doing most of these recipes from memory so if I go back in and change something, it's because I forgot an ingredient or put in a wrong measurement but for the most part, it's not going to be anything that ruins the recipe!


1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2" pieces
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 T. sesame oil
2 T. canola oil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. light soy sauce
1 T. water
1/4 c. sesame seeds
oat bran--I can't for the life of me remember how much you need but it doesn't really matter. I ended up using an entire package of sesame seeds and probably 1 cup of oat bran because I was really covering the chicken breasts in it!

Anyway,
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a shallow bowl mix egg, sesame oil, canola oil, pepper, salt, water, and soy sauce. In a separate shallow powl, mix sesame seeds and oat bran.

Dip chicken in egg mixture then dredge in oat bran/sesame seed mixture.
Place in non-stick pan and bake for 30 minutes.

We served it with some fresh green beans and both loved it!! I'm super picky about baking chicken because it can tend to be dry and chewy but this one was very moist.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We tried this chicken recipe and it was really good! And easy to make :)
Thanks for posting it!